- The June 2018 issue of The Tracer is now available on our website in the Members Area. The contents of this issue are:
- Cincinnati Maps, 1792-2017
- Chapter News
- Calendar of Genealogy Events
- Crossing the Big Pond
- Hamilton County Genealogical Society Chapter Awards
- Cincinnati Pioneer Association, continued
- Kilgour House Identified from Cincinnati Maps
- Cincinnati Pioneer Association Certificate
- St. Aloysius Orphan Society
- Book Review: The Family Tree Cemetery Field Guide: How to Find, Record, and Preserve Your Ancestors’ Graves, Joy Neighbors
- Digital Maps and Atlases at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Cincinnati and Hamilton County Map Research at the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- In April HCGS made its annual awards for 2018 in three categories: one Distinguished Service Award, four Awards of Merit, and eight Certificates of Appreciation. For the names and descriptions please see our Awards Recipients page (scroll down).
- The HCGS Digital Resources Committee has an immediate need for member volunteers to fill several roles. See our Help Wanted page for details.
- New video: Gedmatch - A Deep Dive by Kathy Reed and Kelli Bergheimer, presented to the Southwest Ohio DNA Interest Group (SWOHDNA) on February 13, 2018 at the MidPointe Library in West Chester. For additional videos see our Videos page.
- A new public online abbreviated index created from the new index book Hamilton County, Ohio Roman Catholic Baptism Records - Early – 1849 is now available to the public on our Births & Baptisms page.
- A new public online abbreviated index created from the new book Index of Hamilton County, Ohio Reported Court Records 1870 - 1879 is now available to the public on our Court Records page.
- As part of our Make A Difference (MAD) Veterans Burials Project to honor and document our veterans buried in Hamilton County, a new public index, Index of Service 1865-1917 veterans burials (veterans of the Indian Wars, Spanish-American War, and other military service during the time period between 1865 and 1917), has been added to this website. Addtionally the Pre-Civil War veterans burials and Civil War veterans burials indexes have been updated with additional burials.
Search this website
Search for your Hamilton County, Ohio, ancestors listed among the HCGS public databases. Can't find something? Look it up in the HCGS Site Index or by searching our site:
page modified: 06/05/2018
PLCH Library Tours Jun 2, Aug 4, Oct 6, OR Dec 1 at 10 am
Join the librarians for a tour of their nationally recognized genealogy collection. Click on the image for details.
Estate Research Series, Sep 9, 16, and 23, 1:30-4 pm
Preregister for these hands on sessions as space is limited. Please click on the image for registration details
New book for sale
Hamilton County, Ohio Roman Catholic Baptism Records - Early – 1849 is available. Click image above for more info. Also available as a Kindle book.
New Book for Sale
Index of Hamilton County, Ohio Reported Court Records 1870 - 1879 is now available. Click the image above for further details. Also available as a Kindle book.