Announcement about upcoming programs:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are not holding any in-person events. Check back here for changes. Please see our Events listing and our Calendar. Also see the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (PLCH) website for announcements and service changes.
- The September 2021 issue of The Tracer, our award winning journal, is available on our website in the Members Area.
- Registration is now open (8/31/2021) for the HCGS 2021 Heritage Luncheon to be held on Saturday October 16, featuring induction of new lineage societies members and guest speaker Tom Breiner. Registration will close on October 6.
- From the John Parker Library at the Freedom Center: "The John Parker Library and Family Search Center will reopen effective July 14th by appointment only. The volunteers will start returning in person next week (July 7th) to begin scheduling appointments. Appointments will be scheduled via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (513) 333-7654."
- The Cincinnati (Norwood) Family History Center of the LDS will re-open on June 1. See the announcement.
- New book alert (4/12/2021): Hamilton County, Ohio Roman Catholic Baptism Records - 1870 – 1879. Two volume set. See "Baptism Records" category in our Shop (click and scrolldown) to buy the book set. An Abbreviated Index from this new set is also availabe online on our Births & Baptisms page.
- Never before indexed deed books now indexed by our dedicated volunteers. If you are looking for a deed or court case from Dec. 1840 to Dec. 1870 (not continuous), look here.
- Volunteer! We have no paid staff. If you are a member of HCGS and would like to become more active in our chapter, and do more for fellow members and others researching their ancestry, consider volunteering for one of our roles.
Search this website
Search for your Hamilton County, Ohio, ancestors listed among the HCGS public databases. Can't find something? Look it up by searching our site:
page modified: 2021-09-22 PMD