Announcement about upcoming programs:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our in-person events are cancelled for the time being. Check back here after Governor Dewine gives us permission to meet in person again. Before attending any event listed on our Events Calendar, it is suggested that you first confirm that it is still happening. For example, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County has cancelled all in-person events and classes for the time being. Many other organizations have also cancelled events.
- New: The March 2020 issue of The Tracer, our award winning journal, is now available on our website in the Members Area. The contents of this issue are:
- St. Patrick Church, Third and Mill Streets, 1850 – 1918
- Genealogy Programs
- Chapter News
- Hamilton County Deeds 1787 – 1988
- New 2020 HCGS Publications
- Common Pleas Court Cases that Survived the 1884 Courthouse Fire
- The Mayflower 400th Anniversary
- Calendar of Genealogy Events
- Interest Groups
- Volunteers Needed for FamilySearch Scanning in Butler County
- The Greater Cincinnati Police Museum – Juncta Juvant
- German Methodist Church Begins in Cincinnati in 1838
- The Erin Benevolent Society in 1823 Cincinnati
- Germans to Cincinnati from the Diepholz Region
- The Irish Relief Committee in 1847: Cincinnati Efforts to Aid Famine Victims in Ireland
- New Additions to the Digital Collections of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library Acquisitions
- Book Review: Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love, Dani Shapiro
- Our German Connections, an Ancestor Project for German ancestry that is housed on Gedmatch and the collaboration group on Facebook.
- Volunteer! We have no paid staff. If you are a member of HCGS and would like to become more active in our chapter, and do more for fellow members and others researching their ancestry, consider volunteering for one of our roles.
- Our March HCGS Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, March 19, 6:30 - 8:00 PM via GoToMeeting only. All HCGS members are welcome. For more info...
Search this website
Search for your Hamilton County, Ohio, ancestors listed among the HCGS public databases. Can't find something? Look it up in the HCGS Site Index or by searching our site:
page modified: 04/01/2020 JMM
Ancestry Library Edition temporarily available remotely
The Ancestry Library Edition is now available remotely for free to all Ohio library cardholders through April, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.com. Click image above and enter your Ohio public library card number.
Advanced Genealogy Forum (AGF), Saturday March 28, 10:00 am
EVENT CANCELLED. Tentatively rescheduled... Click on image above for more information.
Wednesday, April 29 - Saturday, May 2; Unlocking the Pieces - 2020 OGS Conference
EVENT CANCELLED.. Click on image for more info.
Wednesday, June 17 - Saturday, June 20 “Cross the Bridge to Yesterday” PALAM National Conference
To be held in Cincinnati. Click image for more info and registration.