The Hamilton County Genealogical Society is proud to announce that The Tracer, our quarterly members-only journal, is the 2019 winner of the National Genealogical Society Newsletter Competition in the category of Major Genealogical and/or Historical Society (over 500 members). The Tracer has won the NGS award three of the four times it was nominated for the competition, in 2007, 2014, and now in 2019.
The NGS Award Committee used the following criteria – interest, variety, and originality of the material; quality of the writing and editing; readability; and attractiveness – when making its decision. The award was presented by Ben Spratling, NGS president, to Eileen Muccino, Tracer editor, on May 8 at the NGS Conference in St. Charles, Missouri (photo above).
- Findmypast has announced that, "Over 405,000 sacramental register entries covering 103 Parishes across the Dioceses of Cincinnati are now available to search online for the first time. These new collections consist of indexes of baptisms, marriages, burials and congregational records spanning the years 1800 to 1979." Please note these are indexed transcripts rather than images, and they were provided by a third party, not by the HCGS, and may be incomplete.
- The March 2019 issue of our journal The Tracer is now available on our website in the Members Area. The contents of this issue are:
- The YWCA of Cincinnati: Pioneer for Working Women
- Interest Groups
- Chapter News
- Anderson Township Cemetery Guide on PLCH Digital Library
- OGS Conference in Mason, Ohio
- Calendar of Genealogy Events
- Finding Aid for Leases at Hamilton County Recorder’s Office
- Protestant Ministers in Hamilton County, Ohio from 1878 to 1881, Extracted from
- Annual Report of the Young Men’s Bible Society of Cincinnati
- Law Publications with Hamilton County Cases
- Cincinnati and the State Black Laws
- Columbia Township Hamilton County, Ohio Record Book – Newly Digitized Pioneer Resource
- “Letter from Madisonville” from the Cincinnati Commercial, 11 August 1873
- Indian Hill Historical Society
- Public Library Acquisitions
- New Additions to the Digital Collections of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Book Review: Secret Cincinnati: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure, Kathryn Witt
- A new Article Index for our quarterly journal The Tracer covering the years 2008 - 2018 has been added to this website. The earlier article index covering the years of publication 1979 - 2008 remains available.
- Approximately 40,000 WPA Veteran Grave Cards (Revolutionary War–Vietnam War) are now available to the public for searching and download via our Cemeteries page.
Search this website
Search for your Hamilton County, Ohio, ancestors listed among the HCGS public databases. Can't find something? Look it up in the HCGS Site Index or by searching our site:
page modified: 05/21/2019 RTB
Researching Roman Catholic Church Records - May 28, 7:00pm
Upcoming program with Jeff Herbert at Kolping Grove. Click image for details.
New video posted to DNA Interest Group
Click on the image for more information.
Exploring the New Tools at AncestryDNA - SWOHDNA Metting - June 11th
Click on image for more detail.
Honoring the Past with a Gift to the Future - August 17th - 11:00 - 4:00
Mark your calendar for a Writing Workshop August 17th. Details to follow.