|Volume 3: Index of Hamilton County, Ohio Reported Court Records 1880 - 1884: The latest and last volume of this three-volume set is now available. This index contains the names of individuals in over 16,600 court cases reported in The Cincinnati Enquirer, between 1880 and 1884
||The latest edition of A Guide to Genealogical Resources in Cincinnati and Hamilton County (8th Edition) is now available in Shop & Support. This edition features numerous updates, reorganization by topic, and 45 brand-new pages of information about records, repositories, and online resources.
See the table of contents.
- The June 2019 issue of our journal The Tracer is now available on our website in the Members Area. The contents of this issue are:
- Cincinnati Incorporated, the Queen City in 1819
- Genealogy Programs
- Chapter News
- Calendar of Genealogy Events
- Growth and Conflict in Cincinnati, the Next Twenty Years
- Cincinnati & Hamilton County Published Sources of Early History
- Plan of the Town of Cincinnati by Colonel Israel Ludlow 1802
- Remembering Gail Burkholz (1937 – 2019)
- Oldenburg Church Books Now Available on Matricula
- Two Books from Catholic Archives in Vechta Donated to Public Library
- Overcoming Unique Challenges in Jewish Genealogy
- African American Society Columns in Cincinnati Newspapers 1884 – 1896
- Nast Trinity Church, Digital Library Additions
- Book Review: Visiting Your Ancestral Town: A Walk in the Footsteps of Your Ancestors, CAROLYN SCHOTT
- The next HCGS Board Meeting will be held on Thursday September 19th at 6:30pm. Members are welcome. Come and find out what's happening! Follow link for location.
- Findmypast has announced that, "Over 405,000 sacramental register entries covering 103 Parishes across the Dioceses of Cincinnati are now available to search online for the first time. These new collections consist of indexes of baptisms, marriages, burials and congregational records spanning the years 1800 to 1979." Please note these are indexed transcripts rather than images, and they were provided by a third party, not by the HCGS, and may be incomplete.
Search this website
Search for your Hamilton County, Ohio, ancestors listed among the HCGS public databases. Can't find something? Look it up in the HCGS Site Index or by searching our site:
page modified: 08/14/2019 RTB
Utilizing Webinars, Podcasts, Hangouts and YouTube for Genealogy - September 7th
Join us at the North Central Library at 11:00 am, September 7th. Presenter - Nancy Chouteau. Click on image for more details.
Tram Tour at Spring Grove Cemetery - Sunday, September 22nd
Reservations required. Members will receive an email. Click on image for more information
Introduction to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Sacramental Records on Findmypast - Sat Sep 28
This program will be presented by Julie Ross. Click on this image for more information.
Family History Fair - Saturday, October 5th - Main Library
Click on the image for more details.